How to Get Rid of Dark Spots : Complete Darkspots Treatment
Find the best possible ways and remedies to get rid of dark spots on the face effectively and harmlessly!
Dark spots are often the result of the grouping of cells inside the skin that overproduce the melanin pigment or the result of melanin being deposited in the surrounding epidermis and dermis.
To be precise, Dark spots is an umbrella term, used in skincare to describe discoloured marks on the skin.
If you are suffering from dark spots on your face, you might be suffering from hyperpigmentation. While those spots are harmless, you might want to get rid of them for aesthetic reasons.
The blog or article on how to get rid of dark spots will tend to analyze the main causes of dark spots, the main ingredients involved and what are the various feasible treatment options available.
Identifying the main causes of Dark spots
To know, How to get rid of dark spots. It is important to identify the main causes behind it :
Sun damage: Prolonged sun exposure is the main cause of Dark spots.
Melasma: Melasma also tends to affect the areas of your body that get exposure to the sun. It results in brown spots on Face, neck, hands and other areas.
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: This mainly occurs after the skin has undergone trauma like acne scars, and burns.
Rashes: Rashes that are often caused by Hyperpigmentation also cause Dark spots.
Razor burn from shaving
The best Skincare ingredients -How to get rid of dark spots, explained
The success of Dark Spots Treatment depends on the main ingredients that go into making the products for dark spots. Fortunately, some important skincare ingredients are best for treating hyperpigmentation or dark spots :
- Niacinamide: Niacinamide also called Vitamin B3, Helps minimize the transfer of pigment from melanocytes to adjoining keratinocytes, which might reduce the appearance of uneven pigmentation and dark spots.
- Shiitake mushrooms: these are not just delicious but good for your skin too. Shiitake mushroom helps to minimize uneven skin tone.
- Adaptogenic Ashwagandha: With a root in Ayurveda, Ashwagandha helps to normalise skin’s functions with its leaves being highly recommended to reduce inflammation.
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate: it is a subsidized form of vitamin C that delivers high-performance brightening and offers the skin antioxidant benefits.
- Glycolic acid: It is helpful to fade dark spots, melasma, hyperpigmentation and other marks like acne.
- Kojic acid: Helps to lighten dark spots from acne, scars and sun damage. It primarily helps to slow pigment production.
- Vitamin C: it helps to protect the skin from free radical damage. It is also equally effective to minimize the appearance of dark spots.
- Azelaic acid: Fading dark spots and dark marks is what Azelaic acid is known for. It is also gentler than other acids.
- Aloe vera gel: Aloe vera helps to stimulate collagen production and thus, might help to enhance skin turnover and minimize the appearance of dark spots.
Overview of best treatments on How to get rid of dark spots
How to get rid of dark spots treatments can broadly be categorized as over-the-counter topical medications, In -clinic medical treatments, sun protection and lifestyle changes.
- Over-the-counter topical medications
Here are some of the Over -the -counter (OTC ) products that claim skin-lightening and correct abilities using natural ingredients. For example,
Retinol: Both prescription grade Retinoids and over-the-counter retinol products (OTC ) might help fade dark spots. It helps speed up the process of eliminating discoloured dead skin cells and bringing new ones to the surface.
Antioxidant serums: Use of Topical vitamin C serums when used consistently, might help to lighten dark spots due to sun exposure and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
- AHAs and BHAs
It is a blend of both physical and chemical exfoliators. Such as :
All these are available in the forms of creams, serums or scrubs to lighten, brighten and reduce dark areas over time.
- In-clinic medical treatments
Effective medical treatments are also proven solutions to the question of How to get rid of dark spots:
Chemical peels: It is a great exfoliation process that uses stronger chemical exfoliation to penetrate deep into the layers of skin. It gently exfoliates the upper dermis of the skin, thereby providing new and lighter skin tones.
Facial treatments: Facials are useful to treat dark spots. Brightening facials are the best facials to help exfoliate the skin, inhibit melanin production and increase cell turnover to help reduce those unwanted blemishes.
Lasers: Works to lighten dark spots using various methods by minimizing the pigment thereby causing it to flake off.
- Sun protection
Since sun damage is the main contributory factor behind Dark spots. Users need to adopt the following sun protective measures viz :
- Using sunscreen regularly
- Use of protective clothing like hats and sunglasses in the sun.
- Skip stepping out in the sun during peak hours
- Avoid picking at pimples
- Lifestyle changes
Lifestyle changes also go a long way in answering How to get rid of dark spots. Some of the major lifestyle changes are stress reduction, proper sleep, and a healthy and nutritious diet, Exercise and yoga are the best lifestyle practices.
Examples of skin care products to reduce dark spots
Devriz Healthcare provides the best skin care products in the areas of dark spots, pigmentation, hyperpigmentation, melasma, anti-ageing and many more.
Order now, any One of the products for bright and blemish-free, Glowing skin!
https://devrizhealthcare.com/product/glowing-skin-brightening-face-serum/( Glowing skin brightening face serum ) – provides luxurious and transformative skin tone.
https://devrizhealthcare.com/product/night-repair-serum/( Night repair serum ) – absorbs deeply into the skin to reduce dark spots while you sleep.
https://devrizhealthcare.com/product/devriz-night-cream/( Devriz night cream ) – targets dark spots, uneven skin tone and discolouration.
You can use any one of the products or in a Combo format like Day Serum + Devriz Night Cream or Night repair serum + Devriz Night Cream for best results.
Closing Take: How to get rid of dark spots
Dark Spots is a bit more nuanced in meaning than you think. Hopefully, the article How to get rid of dark spots has been able to effectively make you aware of plenty of treatment methods available for dark spots.
Other miscellaneous treatment options like natural remedies, sun protection, and lifestyle behavioural changes also do play a major part. The Blog tends to highlight everything in a procedural format to give it a complete and one-stop solution to help prevent dark spots.
• How to remove dark spots in two days at home?
Oatmeal, aloe vera, turmeric powder, papaya, and Apple cider vinegar offer the most natural and fastest way of removing dark spots.
• Which is the best cream for dark spots?
Devriz night cream, helping to achieve a clearer and brighter complexion is one of the best creams for removing dark spots.
• Can Ice help to get rid of dark spots?
Yes. An ice facial helps to improve blood circulation, brightens skin and makes the same appear radiant. With continuous use, ice massages might lead to dark spots and Hyperpigmentation.
• What foods help with Dark spot reduction?
Lemon juice, potato, oatmeal, buttermilk, honey, and orange peel are considered the best foods to prevent dark spots.
• Are dark spots and hyperpigmentation the same?
Uneven skin pigmentation ( or hyperpigmentation ) is a common skin problem. Dark spots are called age spots, sun spots or dark patches most often appear on the face, hands and other parts of the body exposed to the sun.